In this episode, Tiffany Koettel and I discuss the movie "Tommy Boy" and how the characters in the movie provide some great lessons on sales and coaching. In particular, we discuss how important it is to have a clear goal and plan and to take action even when things are not going well.
You will also learn how today's salespeople can learn from the movie by taking more time to prepare for their calls and by thinking ahead to the end goal.
Tiffany Koettel is a Sandler sales trainer who has been a professional sales leader for over 20 years. She's a creative problem solver driven by values and vision to achieve goals at all levels. Focused on building solid relationships grounded in trust and communication, Tiffany is passionate about delivering results and guiding others who share her values to do the same.
Key Topics and Timestamps
- 0:00:02 - Sales Lessons from the Movie "Tommy Boy"
- 0:02:56 - The Benefits of a Good Attitude in Sales
- 0:04:22 - The Importance of Being Yourself in Sales
- 0:06:11 - Sales Coaching: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
- 0:10:16 - The Importance of a Good Debrief
- 0:11:50 - Sales Techniques from the Movie "Tommy Boy"
- 0:16:28 - The Master Lesson in Sales from the Movie "Sailor Terminology"
- 0:17:59 - The Power of Being Yourself in Sales
- 0:19:49 - The Sandler Summit: A Conversation with Tiffany Koettel
- The best attitude to have is to be authentic and genuine and to let your conviction about what you are selling shine through. It is important to be yourself, and many salespeople make the mistake of trying to imitate what they think a stereotypical salesperson should be like.
- A good salesperson is more like a coach, and their goal is to help the client discover what their needs are and whether the product is a good fit for them.
Get your TICKET to join our 2023 summit: https://events.sandler.com/summit2023